BUILD A WATER TORNADO!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Two empty, clear 2-liter soda bottles
2. Duct tape
3. Super glue (you could use calking from a hardware store also)
4. Enough water to fill one soda bottle about ¾ full.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Remove the caps from your bottles
2. Fill one of your empty bottles with water until it is ¾ full
3. Turn the other empty bottle upside down, and use the super glue or caulk to glue the openings of the two bottles together.
4. Wrap the duct tape around the openings of the bottles and up the sides of each bottle, so that the duct tape is wrapped securely around not only the necks of the bottles but also at least ¼ of the main body of each bottle.
6. Once the glue is dry, rapidly turn the bottles over so that the water is at the top. Do not shake or rotate the bottles.
7. When all the water has gone from the top bottle to the bottom, write down your observations
8. Next, turn the bottles over again, but this time swirl the water in a clockwise motion as you turn the bottle over.
9. When all the water has gone from the top bottle to the bottom, write down your observations
What effect did rotating the bottles have? How is this like how a tornado forms?
Be sure to write down all your answers and observations!